What you will learn
- How Information Technology is used in organizations.
- An overview of how computers and communications networks work.
- Basic concepts of software development and project management.
- Fundamental concepts of computer programming.
- Computer threats, hackers, antivirus and information security.
- Social and ethical implications of IT.
This introductory program is designed to give business professionals the basic background on Information Technology (IT) to let them get the most in their interaction with IT professionals, either from their company or from external corporation, as they will have a deeper understanding when identifying requirements, evaluating workloads or supervising results in the IT field.
Through this program, you will learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application, and gain familiarity with the terminology used within the IT field.This program covers the following topic areas:
- Information Systems and Office Application Software in Organizations: Standard office suite tools, office systems (email, conferencing, etc...), basics of desktop operating systems. Internet, web browsers, Electronic Data Interchange and enterprise wide systems.
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Computers and their components, data representation and processing. Computer networks, client/server architecture, operating systems architecture and wireless computing.
- Information Systems Software Development: Software development, systems development, information processing, user interface design and standards, software project management.
- Programming Concepts and Data Management: Programming languages and logic, object oriented methods, data types and structures, file types, databases, SQL. Web technologies and development, data warehousing and data mining.
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues: Economic effects, business strategies, privacy concerns, security threats and controls, intellectual property and careers in information technology.
A program subscription gives you full verified access to all courses and materials within the program you’ve enrolled in, for as long as your subscription is active. Monthly subscription pricing can help you manage your enrollment costs — instead of paying more up front, you pay a smaller amount per month for only as long as you need access. You can cancel your subscription at any time for no additional fee.
Courses in this program
UPValenciaX's IT Fundamentals for Business Professionals Professional Certificate
- Project managers who work on projects related to Information Technology.
- Middle manager in any department that interacts with IT.
- Product manager for any product with an IT component.
Meet your instructors from Universitat Politècnica de València (UPValenciaX)
Experts from UPValenciaX committed to teaching online learning
Information Technology plays a very important role in the management and operations of companies today. Knowing IT fundamentals and terminology is increasingly necessary when planning and developing any new project in a business environment. This UPV program is perfect for professionals who, without having an IT background, need to manage Information Technology or participate in a project with an ICT component, something that, sooner rather than later, will happen for all those with management responsibilities.
As a company specialized in technology integral solutions we know well that IT is nowadays the key factor in the success of any business project. Our work teams are multidisciplinary and it is imperative that professionals that do not have an Information Technology background know the fundamentals and terminology of IT to work side by side with engineers and programmers. The IT Fundamentals program of UPV is perfect to provide the necessary bases so that they can contribute the best of themselves to the teams in which they are integrated.
Grow your career. Start your program subscription today.
- Immediate access to all 5 courses in this program
- Course videos, lectures, and readings
- Practice problems and assessments
- Graded assignments and exams
- edX learner support
- Shareable verified certificates after successfully completing a course or program