What you will learn
- To identify the road safety challenges that the Caribbean faces and understand the importance of designing an action plan based on data and evidence.
- To understand the difference between sustainable and unsustainable interventions, recognizing those that have been effective in reducing road crashes; and analyze how these could be implemented in your city.
- To identify good practices and methodologies in the application of road safety audits and inspections. As well as road safety needs of nonmotorized transport users.
- To compare successful versus unsuccessful practices in the safe integration of non-motorized transportation means.
- To identify the “vulnerable users” and how can you apply Vision Zero methodologies in the cities.
- To understand the importance of subnational road safety plans and speed management and recognizing safe infrastructure for active mobility.
With this Professional Certificate Program, the student will be able to:
- Get a good understanding of some of the main challenges and effective interventions for safe urban mobility.
- Explore good practices and methodologies for safer road design for all users.
- Understand the current state of road safety in the Caribbean region, its main challenges, and areas of action.
Based on the reality of Latin America and the Caribbean, the Inter-American Development Bank, in this course, addresses relevant issues on road safety measures, public road users, traffic accidents, road safety management, safety road policies and road safety strategies, among others.
Courses in this program
IDBx's Road Safety in the Caribbean Region Professional Certificate
- Ministries of transport.
- Agencies or secretariats of road safety.
- Health, education and traffic departments.
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and foundations that focus on road safety.
Meet your instructors from Inter-American Development Bank (IDBx)
Experts from IDBx committed to teaching online learning