What you will learn
- Implement practices that will allow you to be an effective leader and successfully manage a remote team.
- Create personal strategies for surviving and thriving amidst change
- Develop strategies for yourself and your team, improving productivity, communication, and collaboration
- Learn how to build relationships and trust between team members with a remote workforce
- Learn how to select the right digital tools to increase productivity and access between remote employees
How has remote work changed how you manage and lead? While working in a remote environment provides many opportunities for global teams, it also presents unique challenges to maintaining relationships and achieving goals. Leaders need to be adaptive in order to mobilize a remote workforce to meet these new challenges. Learn how to adapt as a leader and manage a remote team in Remote Leadership.
In the first course, Exercising Leadership: Foundational Principles, you’ll learn how to be an effective leader and motivate your remote team while navigating change and common challenges.
In Remote Work Revolution for Everyone, you will learn the professional development skills to excel in virtual teams. You will learn how to build trust, increase productivity, use digital tools intelligently, and manage remote teams.
Courses in this program
HarvardX's Leading in a Remote Environment Professional Certificate
- 2–3 hours per week, for 4 weeks
Mobilize people to tackle tough problems and build the capacity to thrive through the dangers of change
- 2–3 hours per week, for 3 weeks
In Remote Work Revolution for Everyone, you will learn to excel in the virtual-work landscape. You will learn how to build trust, increase productivity, use digital tools intelligently, and remain fully aligned with your remote team.
- "53% of leaders indicated that building skills was the best way to close their company’s capability gaps in the next year” – McKinsey Survey
- "51% of all knowledge workers worldwide are expected to be working remotely by the end of 2021" — Gartner survey
- "Only 23% of managers feel confident to manage a team of remote workers" – Harvard Business Review
Meet your instructors from Harvard University (HarvardX)
Experts from HarvardX committed to teaching online learning