What you will learn
- Master the concept and vision of the circular economy.
- Understand how businesses can create value by applying the CE principles.
- Learn "Design for R" strategies: reuse, repair, remanufacturing and recycling.
- Integrate life-cycle design into your skillset and your organization’s vision.
- Understand the strategic importance of raw material supply and conservation.
- Effectively balance value creation with industrial sustainability.
- Improve your strategic design skills to make better decisions.
This 2-course program enables industrial design engineers to take their first steps in designing for a circular economy.
In the first course, you will explore the basic concepts of the circular economy and their implementation from various perspectives: how businesses can create value by reusing and recycling products; how designers can come up with amazingly clever solutions; and how to apply systems thinking to the transition to the circular economy.
The second course is more practical. You will learn more about strategies in circular product design (including reuse, repair, remanufacturing and recycling) and how to integrate lifecycle design both into your daily work and your organization’s vision. You will also receive tips and tricks to design accordingly and learn how to make better decision for current and future products designs.
If you are looking for ways to upskill yourself and become a designer who not only creates great designs but contributes to the environment through sustainable engineering design – this is the program for you!
Courses in this program
DelftX's Sustainable Engineering Design Professional Certificate
- 3–4 hours per week, for 6 weeks
Discover and develop sustainable design and engineering methods to improve the reuse, repair, remanufacturing, and recycling of products for a circular economy.
- More and more businesses are using circular-economy principles to create products that are durable, easy to reuse or recycle—and profitable (McKinsey, 2016).
- Job opportunities include various design roles with emphasis on sustainability, innovation management, product lifecycle assessment and sustainability consultants.
- Estimated annual salary of senior industrial designers amounts to $79,262 per year. (indeed.com)
Meet your instructors from Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
Experts from DelftX committed to teaching online learning