What you will learn
- Techniques for oversight of agile development, rapid prototyping, experimentation and risk management to manage digital projects.
- Harness data to improve business decisions.
- Lead people and teams in dynamic environments.
- Transform your business model to succeed within digital disruptions.
- Develop platform based strategies for growth and innovation.
What does it take to win in today’s digital economy? How do you deal with the disruption caused by digital technologies, evolving business models and a changing workforce? Digital leaders are in high demand as business increasingly relies on digital technologies. These leaders are tech savvy, data driven and are able to inspire teams to engage in rapid experimentation that drives transformation and business outcomes.
Given the scale of digital disruptions, the skills and perspectives of digital leaders are now required in every industry and job function: from operations to HR; accounting to product development; marketing to strategy.
In this Digital Transformation Leadership MicroMasters program, you will develop the knowledge and capabilities to lead organizational change and transformation. You will gain hands on experience in understanding and articulating:
- Strategies to drive and transform your business in the digital economy;
- How to drive business value through experimentation;
- Negotiation and management of digital transformation projects;
- Effective people and team management strategies;
- Hands on experience in creating roadmaps and running products from concept to implementation
- Agile and lean management practices for creating software and digital products
- Development of platform based strategies for growth and innovation
Courses in this program
BUx's Digital Transformation Leadership MicroMasters® Program
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all five MicroMasters program courses.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible to apply to Boston University’s Questrom School of Business to earn a Master of Science in Digital Technology (MSDT) with no need to take the GMAT or GRE test. The MSDT is a full-time residential program and your MicroMasters program certificate waives 25% of the degree requirement making this an exciting seven-month residential program in Boston.
The MicroMasters program certificates and MicroMasters courses open other avenues of opportunity at Questrom School of Business. You can pursue our full-time Master of Science in Digital Innovation (MSDi) graduate degree program. Your MicroMasters program certificate waives 25% of the degree requirement making this an exciting seven-month program. Or you may want to consider combining a MicroMasters course with our Questrom Executive Leadership Center programs. It’s up to you!
Find out more about opportunities through Questrom Digital."
- Average salary for leadership positions in the IT industry is $101,020. (SOURCE: Burning Glass)
- Immediate career opportunities include: Project Managers, Team Leads, Program Managers, First time managers, Mid-career professionals, Process Leads, Entrepreneurs.
- Longer term career prospects include roles such as Director for Business Development, Customer Experience, HR, Operations, Business Strategist, etc.
Meet your instructors from Boston University (BUx)
Experts from BUx committed to teaching online learning
At Fidelity Investments, Digital Innovation is a core proficiency needed to continue to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our agile teams use a rapid iteration, hypothesis-based and customer informed process to constantly innovate and we are excited that Boston University is launching Digital Innovation MicroMasters programs, focused on leadership and product management themes, to help develop these types of skills.
Tech Mahindra is guaranteeing interviews at its India locations for edX learners who successfully complete this MicroMasters program and meet other hiring criteria. Today’s disruptive business landscape demands for our talents to be future ready and it is our prime responsibility that the right tools and innovative pathways are facilitated for them... We are excited to work together with edX because careers will be facilitated with a blended learning environment, as well as this gives us the opportunity to bring in new ideas to the table and enhance our customer’s experiences.
- Yes, learners who successfully complete all five courses and are accepted into the Masters program waives 25% of your degree requirement.
- Yes, the Masters of Science in Digital Technology (MSDT) is the new name of the Masters program. It used to be Masters of Science in Digital Innovation (MSDI).
- Yes, all five courses were part of the original DL and/or DPM programs. Specific breakdown is below and courses you have completed from those original program(s) carry over as part of the Digital Transformation Leadership (DTL) MicroMasters program. • Leading in a Digital Age (DL Only) • Digital Transformation Strategy (DL Only) • Product Management with Lean, Agile and System Design Thinking (DPM Only) • Business Analytics for Data-Driven Decision Making (DL & DPM Programs) • Platform Strategy for Business (DL & DPM Programs)
- If any of the 5 courses that are part of the Digital Transformation Leadership are what you need to complete the previous two MicroMasters program, then yes, this will help you complete those previous programs - along with receiving the Digital Transformation Leadership MIcroMasters program credential.
- No longer at this time. The Digital Transformation Leadership MicroMasters program is a re-imagined version of the two programs and combines the 5 core courses from both of these programs.
- No. We designed the current MicroMasters program offering to consider the future needs of digital managers, hence, your involvement in the remaining courses will empower your knowledge and skill in this area.