- < AUD $25,500
- 12 courses
- Fully online
- 2 years
*GRE scores are not required to apply to the program.
The Master's degree program of Leadership in Service Innovation is a cutting-edge business degree, focused on organizational leadership, innovation, and customer experience.
In a rapidly changing business environment where customer experience, service excellence and innovation are what drive competitiveness, the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation prepares leaders to succeed by teaching them how to lead organizations that deliver exceptional customer experiences.
The University of Queensland Master's degree program takes a cross-disciplinary approach to address two key challenges that affect businesses, nonprofit organizations, and even the public sector. The first challenge is the move from a product-based to a service and experience-based economy, which demands that leaders have a strong background in customer experience, value co-creation, and change management.
The second challenge is the increasing importance of embedding a culture of continuous innovation in any organization.
The program blends research and best practices in business leadership, innovation, service science, management, and experience design. It helps students develop the transformational mindset and leadership skills needed to succeed in the modern economy.
The Master of Leadership in Service Innovation takes students on a journey from the economic changes that led to today’s experience-based value model, through all foundational aspects to ensure they are prepared for the future and ready to maximize organizational resilience and adaptability to change. The online program is designed for working professionals who are looking to accelerate their careers. Apply or enquire today, or get started with the MicroMasters® program in Business Leadership.
- #1Student Quality in the WorldThe Economist, 2021
- #3In the world in Hospitality and Tourism ManagementShanghai Ranking
*Prices are subject to annual CPI indexation. Total cost will fluctuate depending on the currency exchange rates and time taken to complete the degree program.
*See FAQ for details of FEE-HELP and Scholarships.
Important dates & deadlines
Semester 1 (TP 2)
Semester 2 (TP 5)
Semester 2 (TP 6)
Applicants should have a prerequisite bachelor degree and/or work experience as detailed in the application requirements. For the Master’s of Leadership in Service Innovation, same discipline is considered to include the following categories:
Accounting | Advertising | Business | Business Administration | Commercialisation | Data Analytics | Economics | Event Management | Finance | Health Services/Health Practitioners | Hotel or Tourism Management | International Business | International Development or International Relations | Information Systems | Innovation Management | Marketing | Management | Operations/Project Management | Strategy | Sustainability | Technology (Agricultural, Information, Nano, Bio).
Direct entry to the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation program requires a bachelor degree in the same discipline, or a bachelor degree in a different discipline and three years’ work experience in the same discipline.
Students who do not meet direct entry into the Master's degree leadership program (via a completed bachelor degree) have the option of undertaking the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program as a pathway to admission to the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation. Students would be required to obtain a grade of at least 65% in the Business Leadership Capstone Assessment course within this MicroMasters program; and have completed at least three years relevant full-time work experience approved by the Executive Dean.
International students must also meet the following English language proficiency requirements: an overall IELTS score of 6.5; with minimum scores of 6.0 in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
If you aren't sure online learning is for you or if you'd like to get a feel for the Master's program before you apply, start with the Business Leadership from The University of Queensland
- Courses in the MicroMasters program may count towards credit
- Get deep learning designed to advance your career while you decide
- Strengthen your Master's application
- Recognized by employers for real life relevance
MicroMasters programs are offered by edX in connection with its university partners. In addition to offering a pathway to credit, these programs are recognized by employers for their real world relevance.Start MicroMasters Program
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) are not required for admission to the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation. Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor and to learn more about the program and its entry requirements.
- Yes, all students need appropriate English language skills for admission to The University of Queensland. You can demonstrate you meet English requirements by providing evidence of test results, study or work experience. For more information, please visit UQ Future Students (https://future-students.uq.edu.au/admissions/english-language-requirements). Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor and to learn more about the program and its entry requirements.
- The Master of Leadership in Service Innovation program is designed to transform your understanding and capabilities about customer experience and the economy, which will offer graduates the knowledge and skills to make a real difference in their organisations – often through transformational change initiatives. Potential career opportunities include roles such as 'Chief Customer Officer', 'Vice President of Customer Experience', 'Director of Innovation' and other emerging roles important in the customer experience economy.
- The Master of Leadership in Service Innovation program is delivered part-time and can be completed within 2 years from commencement. If you have completed the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters prior to commencement, the duration may reduce to 1.5 years.
- This will vary for individuals depending on their circumstances, and which component of the master's degree program students are completing. While students are completing the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program portion of your courses, students can expect 8-10 hours study per week for each course/module. In the master's degree program courses not associated with a MicroMasters program, students can expect 4-5 hours study per week for each course. Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor to learn more about the program design.
- This will vary for individuals depending on their circumstances, and which component of the master's degree program students are completing. The UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program courses have an average duration of 3-10 weeks per course and must be completed by the stipulated deadline (usually 5-6 months permitted). The master's degree program courses that are not part of the MicroMasters program are delivered in 10-week teaching blocks according to UQ's academic calendar. Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor to learn more about the program design.
- Graduates will be awarded the 'Master of Leadership in Service Innovation' upon graduation from The University of Queensland.
- There will be no mention of "online" on your diploma and it is equivalent to an on-campus credential. This qualification is recognised as a master's degree on the Australian Qualifications Framework and worldwide.
- Students may qualify for certain financial aid services. Domestic students may be eligible to receive assistance with the cost of their tuition fees from the Australian Government loan scheme called FEE-HELP. UQ can also assist international students to apply for Financial Aid from your home country. For more information, please visit UQ Future Students (https://future-students.uq.edu.au/admissions/financial-aid-international-students). Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor to learn more about the potential financial aid options that may be available to you.
- The MLSI program on edX is specifically designed for working professionals and prioritizes affordability for our valued students. Due to its design, it is competitively priced and therefore we do not currently offer any program-specific scholarships. We encourage students to explore scholarship opportunities through UQ Scholarships (https://scholarships.uq.edu.au/) and Business School Scholarships (https://business.uq.edu.au/study/scholarships). Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor to learn more about the program and the opportunities available to you.
- The UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program provides a foundation level of leadership knowledge to proceed on to more specialised coursework in customer experience and service innovation and is part of the established Master's degree curriculum. The total amount of credits required to graduate from the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation program is 24 units. The program consists of 16 units (8 courses) including the Service Innovation Strategy capstone course plus 8 units credit upon successful completion of the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program, which consists of 4 courses plus the Business Leadership Capstone Assessment. Some students may choose to complete the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program before applying to the MLSI program. Upon successful completion, verified students will be awarded a MicroMasters program certificate. If accepted into the MLSI program the MicroMasters program certificate can count as credit towards the completion of the MLSI master's degree.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
- Yes, students in the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation will have access to all resources available for on-campus students including UQ Employability and also BEL Careers and Employability. Students can consult with our Careers Advisors, participate in Career and Professional Development events, and access our virtual internship opportunities online. Students are encouraged to participate in these valuable employability opportunities to further their career development and plan ahead. Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor about the various services available for UQ students.
- Yes. Students in the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation may take up to seven years from commencement to complete the program. Students will work with their Postgraduate Student Liaison Officer to plan their enrollment each semester, as well as any planned semesters off, to ensure timely completion of their program.
- Will I have any interactions with program teaching staff throughout my program? Students will be taught by leading academics in leadership and innovation. You will have ongoing engagement with your course coordinator (course lead academic) throughout the semester through email, discussion forums and virtual meetings.
- Students can work with their Postgraduate Student Liaison Officer to plan enrolment each semester to ensure any necessary prerequisites are met. Students will take the foundation courses (BLSI7004 Customer Experience Foundations and BLSI7005 Value Creation in Service) before proceeding on to other courses in the program. Students are expected to complete the capstone course in their final semester of study. The order in which other courses are taken vary, including UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program. Please submit the form above to speak with a Master of Leadership in Service Innovation student advisor and to learn more about the program design.
- This program does not include live seminars. All courses can be completed 100% online and at a time of day that is convenient for your schedule.
- The program does not support international student visa applications. You'll study this 100% online course from the comfort of your home and therefore entry into Australia is not required.