- < AUD $25,500
- 12 courses
- Fully online
- 2 years
*GRE scores are not required to apply to the program.
The Master's degree program of Leadership in Service Innovation is a cutting-edge business degree, focused on organizational leadership, innovation, and customer experience.
In a rapidly changing business environment where customer experience, service excellence and innovation are what drive competitiveness, the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation prepares leaders to succeed by teaching them how to lead organizations that deliver exceptional customer experiences.
The University of Queensland Master's degree program takes a cross-disciplinary approach to address two key challenges that affect businesses, nonprofit organizations, and even the public sector. The first challenge is the move from a product-based to a service and experience-based economy, which demands that leaders have a strong background in customer experience, value co-creation, and change management.
The second challenge is the increasing importance of embedding a culture of continuous innovation in any organization.
The program blends research and best practices in business leadership, innovation, service science, management, and experience design. It helps students develop the transformational mindset and leadership skills needed to succeed in the modern economy.
The Master of Leadership in Service Innovation takes students on a journey from the economic changes that led to today’s experience-based value model, through all foundational aspects to ensure they are prepared for the future and ready to maximize organizational resilience and adaptability to change. The online program is designed for working professionals who are looking to accelerate their careers. Apply or enquire today, or get started with the MicroMasters® program in Business Leadership.
- #1MBA program in AustraliaThe Economist 2017 MBA Ranking
- #3In the world in Hospitality and Tourism ManagementShanghai Ranking
*Prices are subject to annual CPI indexation. Total cost will fluctuate depending on the currency exchange rates and time taken to complete the degree program.
*See FAQ for details of FEE-HELP and Scholarships.
Important dates & deadlines
Semester 2, 2021 (TP5)
Semester 2, 2021 (TP7)
Applicants should have a prerequisite bachelor degree and/or work experience as detailed in the application requirements. For the Master’s of Leadership in Service Innovation, same discipline is considered to include the following categories:
Accounting | Advertising | Business | Business Administration | Commercialisation | Data Analytics | Economics | Event Management | Finance | Health Services/Health Practitioners | Hotel or Tourism Management | International Business | International Development or International Relations | Information Systems | Innovation Management | Marketing | Management | Operations/Project Management | Strategy | Sustainability | Technology (Agricultural, Information, Nano, Bio).
Direct entry to the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation program requires a bachelor degree in the same discipline, or a bachelor degree in a different discipline and three years’ work experience in the same discipline.
Students who do not meet direct entry into the Master's degree leadership program (via a completed bachelor degree) have the option of undertaking the UQx Business Leadership MicroMasters program as a pathway to admission to the Master of Leadership in Service Innovation. Students would be required to obtain a grade of at least 65% in the Business Leadership Capstone Assessment course within this MicroMasters program; and have completed at least three years relevant full-time work experience approved by the Executive Dean.
International students must also meet the following English language proficiency requirements: an overall IELTS score of 6.5; with minimum scores of 6.0 in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
If you aren't sure online learning is for you or if you'd like to get a feel for the Master's program before you apply, start with the Business Leadership from The University of Queensland
- Courses in the MicroMasters program may count towards credit
- Get deep learning designed to advance your career while you decide
- Strengthen your Master's application
- Recognized by employers for real life relevance
MicroMasters programs are offered by edX in connection with its university partners. In addition to offering a pathway to credit, these programs are recognized by employers for their real world relevance.Start MicroMasters Program
- FEE-HELP is an Australian Government loan scheme to assist eligible students with the cost of their tuition fees.
- Please view on the school's website.
- Master of Leadership in Service Innovation (MLSI)
- International students must meet the following English language proficiency requirements: an overall IELTS score of 6.5, with minimum scores of 6.0 in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- About 2 years at half time study load.
- This will vary for individuals, but we estimate between 8-12 hours a week per course.
- The associated MicroMasters program is part of the established Master's degree curriculum. If you complete, pass, and have a verified certificate in all of the courses in the MicroMasters program you will earn the MicroMasters program certificate. If you then apply to the Master's degree program and are accepted, your MicroMasters program certificate can count as credit towards your degree.
- Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. EdX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.