International Supply Chain Education Alliance: Improving Supply Chain Performance through Demand Planning
Become a Demand Planning leader, capable of implementing and improving Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) processes, to help top companies reduce inventory levels, stock-outs and inefficiencies, while increasing service levels and profitability for all stakeholders.
Part of the ISCEA CFDP - Certified Forecaster and Demand Planner - Internationally Recognized Certificate.
Improving Supply Chain Performance through Demand Planning
About this courseSkip About this course
Demand planning has never been so critical to remain competitive in a rapidly changing business environment. Successful companies have to be sure that their demand planning processes are aligned with Supply Chain Management, Inventory Planning Strategies, Sales and Operations Planning, Integrated Business Planning, and Collaborative Planning best practices.
In this course, that is part of the edX Professional Certificate program to become a Certified Forecaster and Demand Planner (CFDP), you will learn how demand planning can improve supply chain processes and become a competitive advantage; by reducing shortages and improving customer satisfaction.
CFDP certified professionals are globally preferred by recruiters for decision making positions because they are capable to lead successful planning processes, coordinate partnerships and conduct global supply chain initiatives like CPFR.
To become an ISCEA Certified Forecaster and Demand Planner (CFDP), you must complete all three preparatory courses and successfully pass the CFDP Exam.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated skills: Inventory Planning, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain, Planning, Collaborative Planning Forecasting And Replenishment (CPFR), Demand Planning, Sales Inventory And Operations Planning, Leadership, Integrated Business Planning, Decision Making
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Supply chain management essentials and inventory planning fundamentals and their role in achieving a balance between supply and demand.
- How to lead Demand Planning Processes in the context of Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Collaborative Planning (CPFR).
- How Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) enable the integration between strategic planning and everyday operations.
- How to communicate a forecast and achieve consensus with all functional areas of the organization.
- How to prioritize demand and define demand prioritazion criteria when facing available inventory constraints.
- How to collaborate with customers and suppliers to develop collaborative forecasts, and joint replenishment plans.
Section 1.1. Supply chain management essentials
1.1.1. Supply chain essentials
1.1.2. Business processes role in the supply chain
Section 1.2. Inventory planning fundamentals
1.2.1. Inventory fundamentals
1.2.2. Inventory replenishment policies
1.2.3. Dependent demand inventory
Section 1.3. Bullwhip effect
1.3.1. Bullwhip effect fundamentals
1.3.2. Bullwhip effect root causes
Section 1.4. Introduction to sales and operations planning / integrated business planning - S &OP / IBP
1.4.1. Planning fundamentals
1.4.2. Sales and operations planning fundamentals
1.4.3. Maturity of the sales and operations planning process
Section 1.5. Consensus, prioritization and integration with strategic planning
1.5.1. Monthly S&OP executive meeting
1.5.2. Demand prioritization
1.5.3. S&OP Consensus and reconciliation
Section 1.6. Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR)
1.6.1. CPFR Fundamentals
1.6.2. CPFR process tasks
1.6.3. CPFR 2.0 CPFR 2.0
1.6.4. CPFR implementation
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
How will this course get me closer to become an ISCEA Certified Forecaster and Demand Planner - CFDP?
- This course is one of 3 courses required to become a CFDP. The completion of the following courses is required to take the CFDP Certification Exam:
- CFDP01: Improving Supply Chain Performance through Demand Planning
- CFDP02: Forecasting Techniques for Slow and Rapidly Changing Demand
- CFDP03: Demand Management in a Demand Driven Supply Chain
- After completing the three courses you have to pass the Certification Exam to earn the CFDP designation:
- CFDP-EXAM: Certified Forecaster and Demand Planner - CFDP - Certification Exam