Lo que aprenderás
- Fundamentals of bioelectricity
- How you can do neuroscience in your home
- How neurons communicate with each other
- How sensory perception works in the brain
- The basic anatomy of functional areas of the brain
Based on the introductory neurobiology courses taught at Harvard College, Fundamentals of Neuroscience is a three-part series that explores the structure and function of the entire nervous system — from the microscopic inner workings of a single nerve cell to the staggering complexity of the brain.
You’ll study the electrical properties of individual neurons, examine how neurons pass signals to one another, and how complex dynamics result from just a few neurons. You’ll explore sensation, perception, and the physiology of functional regions of the brain.
Through fun animations, documentaries, and interactive virtual labs discover what makes the brain tick and how we perceive the world around us.
Cursos en este programa
Programa XSeries en Fundamentals of Neuroscience de HarvardX
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 5 semanas
Learn how electricity makes the neurons in your brain tick.
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 6 semanas
Discover how neurons work together to create complex networks inside the brain.
- 3–5 horas por semana durante 8 semanas
Discover what makes your brain tick in this third course in our introductory series in neuroscience.
- This is a series of 3 courses that is best taken in order.
Conoce a tu instructor de Harvard University (HarvardX)
Expertos de HarvardX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea