Lo que aprenderás
- Describe the vast array of roles and sectors within the Cybersecurity industry;
- Explain the relationship between management and technology in cybersecurity protection;
- Identify appropriate types of security controls to the actions of different and evolving threat actors;
- Apply terminology and basic concepts of cybersecurity;
- Assess own knowledge, skill, and abilities toward identifying a career path in cybersecurity.
Are you interested in working in cybersecurity but unsure if it's the right career choice for you?
This professional certificate program will introduce you to the field of cybersecurity, as you learn about its landscape, numerous sectors and various roles, competencies and career pathways.
You will learn about the role of the Chief Information Security Office (CISO) as you study the policies, procedures, practices and technologies put in place to mitigate organizational and systems vulnerabilities to cyberattack.
You will also learn about the type of skills needed from a cybersecurity professional, outside of technical proficiency. And lastly, you will be given the opportunity to complete a self-assessment to determine which career path in cybersecurity is right for you.
The goal of this program is to help you better understand cybersecurity and the opportunities within this field as they apply to you. The program is intended for learners who wish to identify their specific optimal niche and create a plan for entry into this exciting field.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Essentials of Cybersecurity de UWashingtonX
- Between 2014 and 2016, Information Security as a skill has grown to be the top most in-demand skill in job openings where “Cybersecurity” is the keyword.
- Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 18 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. (Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics)
- The mean real-time salary is $108,335. (Source: Burning Glass)
Conoce a tus instructores de University of Washington (UWashingtonX)
Our accomplished senior career military veterans transitioning to the private sector are facing significant challenges as they compete for technology, high impact jobs with institutionally trained and educated multinational resources. Cyber Business Analytics (CBA Inc.) envisions EdX programs to produce the advanced skills and competitive edge for the veteran heroes we are onboarding to successfully engage a wide range of cybersecurity solutions for critical infrastructure domains.