Lo que aprenderás
- The neuroscience of laughter, and how it proves humor is a superpower for building more connected, creative, and resilient virtual teams.
- How to unlock your unique sense of humor on the job and cultivate more levity and joy with colleagues and team members in your virtual workplace.
- Comedy techniques from the pros for becoming more confident and skilled in using humor at work and in life.
- The strengths and growth areas of your organization’s culture, along with virtual team building exercises to foster a more effective and joyful workplace.
- The definitive punchline to “Why did the chicken cross the road?”
Brace yourself — you are about to embark on an online learning experience unlike any other.
Imagine your favorite comedy show and the world’s best online educational content had a baby. Then imagine that baby transformed your team to be more joyful, humorous, creative, resilient, and effective, all while working remotely.You are about to enroll in that baby.
Naomi Bagdonas and Connor Diemand-Yauman are leading experts in organizational leadership and culture. They've coached celebrities and fortune 500 executives, taught at Stanford's Graduate School of Business, and founded and led multiple organizations. They’ve teamed up with comedic minds from The Onion, Funny Or Die, and Comedy Central to create a fun, interactive learning experience to empower you to show up more authentically, effectively, and joyfully at work and life.
You might be wondering: “Should I really be prioritizing a course about humor? Also, was it just me, or did that baby metaphor kind of fall apart at the end?”
To answer your first question: humor is what makes all the other stuff your team has to do tolerable. In this brave new world of work, when we rarely see our team members in person — or from the pajama bottoms down — it's harder than ever to foster connection, joy, and well-being in our remote teams. All the while, behavioral science suggests that creating a company culture of humor and levity is the quickest path to nurturing these things.
To answer your second question: Yes. Just roll with it.
This program is designed for individuals who want to be more energized, joyful, and effective at work and for remote teams that want to feel more connected, creative, and resilient through the most challenging times. It’s also for anyone who wants fewer one-hour meetings that feel like three-hour meetings with only ten minutes of useful work.
You shouldn’t have to choose between catching up on your favorite comedy show and learning techniques for being happier and better at your job. Now you can kill two birds (the Boredom Hawk and the Inefficiency Vulture, to be specific) with one online learning experience.
We’re excited to be on this journey with you.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Remotely Humorous: Build Joyful and Resilient Virtual Teams with Humor de HumorX
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 2 semanas
Unlock your sense of humor with professional comedy techniques, and learn to use humor as a superpower for building bonds, creativity, and mental health on virtual teams.
- 1–2 horas por semana durante 2 semanas
Explore the five enablers of humor in virtual teams and apply team building techniques to create the conditions for levity and joy to emerge and thrive.
- The impact of COVID-19 has disrupted normal work patterns, modes of communication, and team dynamics. Also: awareness of how our breath smells, how often we wear pants, and expectations from our dogs as to how much home time is reasonable.
- 56% of the U.S. workforce holds a job that is compatible (at least partially) with remote work (Source: Global Workforce Analytics).
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, full-time work from home is still a surprisingly new concept for more than two-thirds of Americans, and managing a staff remotely calls for a modified mindset.
- This program is targeted to managers, team leads, and individual contributors across any industry looking to build stronger collaboration, bonds, creativity, and effectiveness across their virtual team.