Lo que aprenderás
- Learn the foundational basics of the Java programming language.
- Learn the basics of object-oriented programming and algorithms.
- Learn how to create and use exceptions, data structures, recursion, and graphical user-interfaces (GUIs).
“Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming With Java” is a series of courses built from Georgia Tech’s online for-credit version of CS1331: Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming (OOP).
This course begins with an introduction to the Java programming language. It provides a brief history of Java and presents the foundations of what set it apart from the programming languages (procedural and object-oriented) that existed at the time of its creation. Students will then learn the basics of Java syntax and explore writing interactive programs that incorporate concepts and constructs like: primitive data types, classes, arithmetic operations, conditionals, loops, arrays, console input and output, methods, and reuse.
Following this introduction, students will begin hands-on learning about object-oriented programming. They'll write their own custom classes that represent real-world concepts and objects and learn how to organize different (built-in and custom) classes into a programming solution.
Students will then extend their understanding of reusability with an introduction to inheritance and explore topics like parent-child class (or subclass-super-class) relationships, abstract classes, and UML.
Next, students will learn about interfaces and polymorphism. Intertwined in that discussion is a mini-lesson on the kinds of algorithms that are often used to process data in programs and how one might use them in an OOP context. Students will also learn the basics of evaluating algorithms based on the concept of runtime complexity. Such a skill can ultimately make them better programmers.
Along those lines, students will improve their approach to handling runtime errors by learning about exceptions. They will apply the construct in multiple contexts, including file input and output.
The course series concludes by presenting the fundamentals of a few advanced topics, namely: data structures (primarily lists), recursion, graphical user interfaces (GUIs) with JavaFX, anonymous inner classes, and lambda expressions.
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming with Java de GTx
- Software development continues to be a high-demand field.
- Job outlook and growth for software developers vastly outpaces the nationwide average for all occupations.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 21% employment growth by 2028.
- The median salary for a software developer in 2018 was $105,590 per year.
Conoce a tu instructor de The Georgia Institute of Technology (GTx)
Expertos de GTx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.