Lo que aprenderás
- To identify relevant greenhouse gas mitigation options for your specific need and situation.
- To determine the costs and potential of the mitigation options in various sectors and construct marginal abatement cost curves.
- To analyze the interaction between the various mitigation options from both qualitative and quantitative perspectives.
- To set reduction targets for your specific professional sector, identify relevant policy incentives for your context and have a basic understanding of their quantitative impacts.
- To identify the potential role of companies and cities in climate action.
Mitigation of climate change is one of the most important challenges of our times. To prevent irreversible damage to human societies and the environment, it was agreed that world countries should limit the global average temperature rise to well below 2 °C or even to 1.5 °C above pre-industrial levels.
But where to start, and how to take action?
This 4-course program is designed for the next generation of policy-makers, sustainability consultants or professionals and students from various fields who want to obtain basic knowledge about climate change and to get an overview of mitigation strategies in various industries and organizations. It will provide you with knowledge and basic skills and tools to design a concrete action plan to make your organization climate-neutral.
In the first three courses, you will get insights into the what and how of greenhouse gas emission reductions: what are technologies and behavioural changes that are effective, how to analyze their potential, cost-effectiveness and feasibility, and which policies and strategies can be used to implement them. In the fourth course, you will integrate those insights into action and learn to define targets and develop a feasible action plan for an organization to reduce its carbon footprint and become climate-neutral.
We invite you to join this journey, bring your own experiences and challenges and to discuss these with like-minded peers who want to tackle humanity’s greatest challenge just like you!
Cursos en este programa
Certificación Profesional en Climate-Neutral World: Theory, Applications and Taking Action de DelftX
- 4–5 horas por semana durante 4 semanas
Familiarize yourself with decarbonization measures in the building and transport sectors. Learn about trends in energy usage, carbon intensity, and potential of available alternatives to limit greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Inició el 1 jun 20224–5 horas por semana durante 4 semanas
Learn about types and sources of industrial emissions and tools to mitigate them. Learn what the options are for climate-neutral electricity and review the strategies for dealing with the variability of renewable energy.
- Inicia el 3 oct 20224–5 horas por semana durante 4 semanas
Explore the role of national governments, municipalities, companies and the international community in climate change mitigation. Learn to set reduction targets yourself and translate them into action plans.
- Worldwide we need to reduce our carbon emissions to keep global temperatures below 2 degrees Celsius.
- To meet these targets urgent action needs to be taken by a range of actors such as governments, companies, individuals, and NGOs.
- Such an increase in efforts requires not only new jobs but also adapting current employees to understand the potential for climate actions and how to deal with diverse policies affecting the investment climate in energy.
- Job growth includes organizational directors or sustainability managers in corporations, NGO or government entities with responsibilities related to improving sustainability and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Conoce a tus instructores de Delft University of Technology (DelftX)
Expertos de DelftX comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea