Lo que aprenderás
- Fundamentals of creative and design thinking to enable innovation
- Idea Management to better select and implement business ideas
- Evidence based innovation how to develop a business model into a business plan
- How to scale innovation as a capability within organisations and assess your innovation readiness
The ability to innovate is crucial for business survival and growth in the current climate of rapid technological advancement and changing consumer preferences. Without innovation and entrepreneurship skills, more and more corporate ventures are failing when faced with market challenges.
In this MicroMasters program, you will develop the knowledge and skills to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship within your organization. The program will teach you how to understand, integrate and promote innovation in a variety of settings, including public, private and not-for profit organizations and research institutions. Drawing on the innovation value chain, this program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the different aspects of corporate innovation, including:
- how to foster creativity and design thinking in the initial idea generation phase
- how organizations can utilize idea management tools to select the most feasible ideas for development, including how to manage intellectual property, introduce innovative processes and commercialize new technologies, products and services;
- how an evidence-based approach to innovation management can be utilized to improve the decision-making process and how to introduce open innovation practices; and
- How to build innovation into the strategy, capabilities and culture of an organization.
During this program, theory will be complemented with real-world case studies, which will help you develop strategies that you can apply to improve business productivity, economic growth and global competitiveness. Additionally, as a verified learner, you will have the opportunity to refine your knowledge and skills, with the guidance of UQ experts, through a series of activities that allow you to apply theory and tools to your own ideas.
Graduates of the program will be empowered with the ability to foster entrepreneurial and innovative behaviors in themselves and others; making them well suited to leadership roles within innovation programs, and enhancing an organizations ability to rapidly respond to and survive market threats.
Cursos en este programa
Programa MicroMasters® en Corporate Innovation de UQx
- 8–10 horas por semana durante 10 semanas
Learn how to build an innovative business model using the most effective tools, including forecasting, prototyping, financial modeling and customer discovery.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
MicroMasters programs are a series of graduate level courses from top universities designed to advance your career. MicroMasters program certificates showcase deep learning and in-demand skills to employers and can help you get started on a path toward completing an advanced degree.
How to Earn a MicroMasters Program Certificate
To earn the MicroMasters program certificate, learners must complete and successfully earn a verified certificate in all four courses and pass the capstone assessment.
From Program Certificate to a Master’s Degree
MicroMasters programs are designed to offer learners a pathway to an advanced degree and can count as credit toward completing a Master’s degree program. Learners who successfully earn this MicroMasters program certificate may apply for admission to a Master’s program, and if accepted, the MicroMasters program certificate will count towards the degree.
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters program certificate are eligible for credit into UQ’s Masters Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MEI) degree. Certificate holders who meet program entry requirements will receive one semester equivalent credit (8 units), reducing study time by 6 months. Students will need to complete the remaining 12 months of full-time study (16 units) on-campus.
Students enrolled in the MEI degree will be able to select from a range of fields of study: Biotechnology; Design and Information Technology; Food Entrepreneurship; Social and Community Entrepreneurship; and Sustainable Energy. Students will also have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills on real business cases through our unique capstone courses.
- Innovation Manager median salary US$116,422 in September 2017. (source: Glassdoor)
- The ability to manage innovation would be beneficial to innovation managers and strategists, business development and general managers, entrepreneurs and business owners and technology transfer officers.
- 93% of organisations believe innovation is important to driving their growth agenda, 70% still struggle to articulate a clearly defined innovation strategy (source: 2015 Survey from EY and the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation).
Conoce a tus instructores de The University of Queensland (UQx)
Expertos de UQx comprometidos con el aprendizaje en línea
Disruption is changing the way the world works. It’s happening quickly. And it’s creating opportunity, if you can keep up and even get ahead of it. EY’s Global Innovation team working with our EY teams around the globe focuses on understanding external forces changing our world, especially around opportunities coming from artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics and data and analytics. The University of Queensland’s MicroMasters Program in Corporate Innovation plans to help enable students to acquire an understanding of the crucial aspects of the innovation value chain and exposes them to real world examples from a variety of industries.
Boston Globe Media
Digital transformation has fundamentally changed how media organizations operate. The Boston Globe recognizes the need to be forward-thinking and prepared to identify and capitalize on new opportunities and navigate the challenges of our industry. At the core of what we do is the powerful journalism across each of our brands – The Boston Globe, STAT and Boston.com. In order to support the incredible work coming out of our newsrooms, there is an increasing reliance on leveraging technology, business strategy, product innovation and leadership in our organization. The MicroMasters® program delivers the knowledge and skillsets that are must-haves for the Globe as we continue to transform the business, develop our talent and recruit new candidates.
- No innovation experience is required, although learners will greatly benefit from drawing on their own personal employment history.
- Yes. If you are interested in the MicroMasters program certificate, you must successfully pass and receive a verified certificate in each of the four Corporate Innovation Program courses and successfully pass the capstone assessment course.
- You will receive an individual verified certificate for each Corporate Innovation Program course that you pass as a verified student. Students passing the all four Corporate Innovation Program courses and the capstone assessment course will receive a MicroMasters program certificate certificate.
- To enrol in UQ’s on campus MEI program, learners must apply and qualify for program entry. Upon admission, learners with a completed Corporate Innovation MicroMasters program certificate may be eligible for 8 units of credit towards their MEI studies.
- While not compulsory, students will benefit from completing the courses in their intended order (Design Thinking and Creativity for Innovation; Idea development: create and implement innovative ideas; Innovation: From Plan to Product; Creating and Sustaining an Innovation Culture; Business Innovation Capstone Assessment). It is compulsory to complete all four courses before undertaking the final capstone assessment course.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.