- 10 courses
- Fully Online
- 15 Months
Descripción general del programa de Maestría
Become a growth-driven, world-class product manager prepared to discover and deliver products at scale.
Product management is one of the fastest-growing and most lucrative professions. Today’s employers are recognizing the essential role of product managers in designing products that customers love, that integrate design, functionality, and business solutions. That’s why the University of Maryland is proud to offer the Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Product Management.
This online master's degree can help you develop as a trusted product manager, equipped to lead the product life cycle from discovery to delivery. With a flexible online format comprised primarily of asynchronous courses, this degree is built for working professionals or full-time learners.
As a student, you'll learn from expert faculty alongside a community of learners from around the world. The self-paced coursework focuses on leading industry topics, competencies, and effective product leadership skills. From foundational knowledge to hands-on practice in new product development to execution, your online courses will prepare you to lead the product life cycle with an emphasis on:
- Customer Discovery. Discover if the problem is worth solving by engaging the customer with proven customer discovery and validation techniques.
- Product Discovery. The product manager's work revolves around rapid prototyping and product discovery techniques. Iterate to a product that customers love, delivers value, and works for the business.
- Product Delivery. Enable business agility using DevOps engineering and data science to scale product discovery and delivery, while empowering product teams.
- Gaining Traction and Influence. Unlike marketing of the past, growth hacking requires actively managing the customer journey. Product Managers drive growth by influencing stakeholders and negotiating business partnerships effectively.
- Managing Products at Scale. Lead product portfolios and innovation at scale. Product management leaders must tailor product frameworks, apply lean budgeting, and empower teams to achieve objectives and key results.
Future product managers will benefit from this master’s degree program’s innovative course structure, which follows the product development life cycle. By taking two courses per term, learners can complete this master’s degree with just 10 courses in as few as 15 months.
- #3 Best Jobs in America (Glassdoor)
- 29% Annual Growth in Job Openings (LinkedIn)
- 128,000 Jobs Posted for Product Managers (Glassdoor)
- $90,000 Average Salary in the U.S. (Payscale.com)
- #10Best Colleges for EntrepreneurshipPrinceton Review, 2022
- #20Top Public Colleges and UniversitiesU.S. News & World Report, 2022
- #21Best Graduate Engineering SchoolsU.S. News & World Report, 2023
- 30Faculty Elected to the National Academy of Engineering.
- Estimated Cost Per Credit: $812
Fechas y plazos importantes
Cursos requeridos para la admisión
Four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US institution (or the international equivalent).
Requisitos de aplicación
- Graduate School Application Form: Provides basic information on the applicant.
- Statement of Purpose: Provides applicants with an opportunity to share their interest in the program.
- Resume: Highlights applicants professional experiences and education. For learners applying immediately after their undergraduate degree, their university experiences may be emphasized.
- Transcript: Transcripts from all universities previously attended evidence academic success in a conferred bachelor’s degree, and any subsequent university-level coursework.
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE: Select international students may require a TOEFL/IELTS/PTE score. Complete the "Learn More" form to receive additional information and to assess whether you qualify for a waiver.
- Application Fee: The non-refundable application fee is $75.
- GMAT or GRE scores are not required.
Plan de estudios
Enroll in two 3-credit courses per 12-week term, as a full-time student. With five terms, courses in the product management program will follow the product development life cycle:
- GMAT or GRE scores are not required. Instead, candidates are evaluated based on their statement of purpose, resumes, and transcripts.
- Online students will have access to an online networking platform and job board, as well as online career resources available through the program. Graduates will also have access to the alumni network.
- US Federal Financial Aid is available for qualified full-time and part-time students. Financial aid to include federal student loans, private student loans, third party billing, veterans benefits, and tuition remission may apply.
- With the affordability of the program, we do not offer scholarships. Scholarships may be available from external sources.
- The earned degree is a Master of Professional Studies in Product Management from the University of Maryland. edX and online are not listed in the degree title or in the awarding institution.
- Select international students may require a TOEFL/IELTS/PTE score. Complete the "Learn More" form to receive additional information and to assess whether you qualify for a waiver.
- Yes. There are no required residencies on campus or in-person requirements. Enrolled students are welcome to visit campus if they wish and participate in activities open to all students. Graduates are also invited to attend in-person graduation ceremonies, or may receive their diploma by mail if preferred.
- No. We do not have a minimum work experience requirement that applicants must meet in order to be admitted. Applications are invited from experienced professionals as well as recent undergraduate degree holders.
- Yes. The University of Maryland is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), under the authority of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Yes. While students may complete the program in 15 months, up to five years is allowed to complete the program.
- Learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations.