UMD, USMx: The Program Manager – Applying Power Skills and Digital Enablers to Create Continual Change
Learn the practices surrounding the creation of a healthy change culture, explore the power and leadership skills future leaders must possess, appreciate how various leadership roles and digitalization contributes to program managers’ success, and practice how to become an effective leader and balance the human and connected demands for the future of work.
Hay una sesión disponible:
The Program Manager – Applying Power Skills and Digital Enablers to Create Continual Change
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
The future of business is change-focused. Multiple facts are disrupting tomorrow’s organizations and if they are not change-ready, they will fail.
- The ratio of changing the business to running the business will be much higher in future organizations;
- Programs success is now clearly centered on stakeholder satisfaction;
- The skills revolution is here to stay
In this course, you will get the skills you need and learn how to become a changemaker possessing strong communication skills and soft skills to build a culture that continuously aligns the program team members to the NorthStar of a given organizational transformation journey. As a great leader, you will understand different leadership styles and how to work in a cross-functional way across multiple projects contributing to a program’s vision. Over four weeks, you become a better leader by understanding the critical role of program stakeholders and ways to prioritize your engagement strategies. In addition to learning the mix of power skills for operating in future organizations, you will balance that learning with the role of digitalization in time management and changing where program managers will be spending their time to create the most program value in the future.
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Programas asociados:
- Professional Certificate en Program Management: Enabling Value Driven Change
- Habilidades asociadas:Leadership, Program Management, Time Management, Communications
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- How to use effective leadership to create the culture for change-making, the attributes for a healthy “change culture, setup
- Program Stakeholders’ analysis and engagement and sensing approach refinement across the program life cycle
- The Power Skills, coupled with problem-solving and how to master these skills to drive effective decision-making and future success of program managers
- The importance of a good leader connecting various stakeholders to the big picture while excelling in team building to balance the demands of the short term and the various program/project roles using mentoring amongst other key skills
- Explore the value proposition of the leadership qualities within project management to become program professionals
- Where digitalization is heading in affecting success metrics, the role of program managers and the human and connected future of work
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
● Week 1: The first week focuses on change-making and starts with leadership development that focuses on understanding the value and attributes of a healthy working environment and culture. The best leaders in a UAE transformation program story will guide understanding of customer-centered solutions.
● Week 2: The second week shows how successful leaders use the emotional intelligence qualities of active listening and strong self-awareness to make clear the distinct difference between delivering program results and achieving the true valuable outcomes while engaging stakeholders. Tailored stakeholders’ analysis and engagement techniques will be explored.
● Week 3: The third week gets into important leadership skills and the development of Power Skills and Competencies. Examples of thought leaders using strategic thinking will support the practice of unlearning and upskilling necessary for program leaders. An explanation of the PgMP certification will be used to explain the benefits strategist role in tomorrow’s organizations.
● Week 4: The last week covers the vital management skills and digitalization impact on great leadership and program management success and a white paper will be used to connect the program view with the digital backdrop. A Human Equation built on effective communication will be used to showcase the balancing needed in tomorrow’s connected and hybrid organizations.