The University of Maryland, College Park: Creating an Organizational Change Management Framework - Transforming Strategy Execution to Realize Program Value
Learn the key ingredients of realizing program value, enable managing change across complex stakeholders and understand the change management processes. Successfully implementing change is built on healthy project management and strategy execution practices and connecting the dots across change initiatives while working closely with the management team. Achieving the buy-in of key stakeholders by building on best practices techniques like Kotter is necessary to become the future change scientist. Successful change is the art and practice of creating and testing changes that can be scaled up across the enterprise, and exploring and mastering the achievement of sponsorship for the aspired change management model. You will learn to develop the sense of urgency that differentiates you and your team members as you work on leading change resulting from complex missions such as new technology and mergers and acquisitions. Setting clear change milestones and using proven change methodologies will help you adapt to meet the ever-increasing speed of change in stakeholder demands and focus on profitability.
Creating an Organizational Change Management Framework - Transforming Strategy Execution to Realize Program Value
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
A 2015 Harvard Business Review study (Donald Sull, Rebecca Homkes, Charles Sull - Why Strategy Execution Unravels and What to Do About It) explored in-depth the specific reasons why strategies that are carefully crafted nevertheless falter in the execution phase.
- The worst scenario – no culture for supporting the benefits realization of Critical Success Enablers (CSEs);
- Brene Brown, the Man in the Arena, reflects on how important being in the trenches enables understanding benefits and being courageous enough to drive impactful program change.
In this course, you will join change leaders and learn the key principles of successful change management. You will understand the principles of change management as the foundation for creating the change readiness and benefits achievement culture. Challenging the status quo, building on key principles such as the Prosci ones, will increase alignment to business strategies and be anchored in governance excellence and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) rigor. This will allow you, over four weeks, to understand how to work with senior executives to drive enterprise change and practice the role of being a change scientist. Change agents who are able to use data and trends, balanced with diverse human expertise, will succeed in utilizing a structured approach for securing project deliverables and designing and adapting successful program delivery roadmaps resulting in achieving major changes.
De un vistazo
- Idioma: English
- Transcripción de video: English
- Habilidades asociadas:Trenching, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Change Management, Milestones (Project Management), Business Strategies, Mergers And Acquisitions, Strategy Execution, Governance, Benefits Realization Management, Management, Project Management, Organizational Change
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
- Build a Change Management Culture and forums anchored in governance excellence and Enterprise Risk Management practices to consistently achieve program benefits
- Develop next practices for creating short-term wins, Identifying, Executing, and Sustaining Change Outcomes while focusing on the role of the program manager in creating ownership, trust, and the successful benefits behaviors
- Understanding the context of programs and projects as change projects related to the business case to consistently focus on outcomes and realize benefits
- Become a Change Scientist by unpacking the importance of metrics, data, and trends
- Design adaptable change roadmaps adaptable roadmaps and fitting light governance to guide and co-create stakeholders’ shared ownership of programs benefits
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
● Week 1: The first week explores how the focus of future programs’ success centers on creating value and dismantling the blockers of successful change efforts. A transformation program example will guide the understanding of the foundational elements of a healthy BRM culture and the close correlation to proper governance and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) implementation discipline.
● Week 2: The second week will demonstrate with consulting examples the secret sauce for cascading change and benefits ownership and driving benefits mindset across the various types of changes and portfolios of initiatives. You will learn key tools to drive sustaining change such as the benefits register and benefits breakdown structure. An important piece of the puzzle is the topic of benefits ownership and the criticality of benefits life cycle management across program efforts.
● Week 3: The third week will connect the dots across the skills necessary to become a future change scientist. You will explore new approaches, and skills, and focus on strategy execution, and the use of data and trends in supporting decision-making and reporting transparency. A government program example will highlight making business realization a holistically planned priority to be managed throughout new products and programs’ life cycle.
● Week 4: The last week combines the elements of change management with healthy company culture and strategy execution practices and uses an industry white paper to cover the vital importance of adaptability in program roadmaps that are benefits-centric in securing ownership of benefits. Program examples across world regions will offer tools to develop new ideas, experiment, fail, provide incentives, and open doors for creating inclusive diverse ideas competencies.