AI in Practice: Preparing for AI
Sobre este cursoOmitir Sobre este curso
This course is not about difficult algorithms and complex programming; it is a course for anyone interested in learning about the benefits and implications of AI when applied in practical settings.
But is AI really suitable for all types of organizations? In this course we use concrete examples to illustrate how AI can be of value in both private as well as public organizations – no matter how large or small, simple or complex they may be.
As one example we look at the Dutch National Police where the use of AI systems and techniques has helped remove the burden of routine administrative and operational tasks. AI helps in handling and processing large amounts of data, improves intake processes and investigation workflows and eases communication within the police and also deals with wider potential transparency and privacy issues.
As part of our two-course program ‘AI in Practice’, this course will prepare you for the integration of AI in your organization by understanding what it can achieve and recognizing the potential implications, including compliance and ethical considerations.
In the course we present a variety of case studies from public organizations, top Dutch universities and private enterprises in the financial, retail and publishing sectors such as ING, Ahold Delhaize and Elsevier.
‘AI in Practice – Preparing for AI’ gives you the ammunition to prepare for the many manifestations of artificial intelligence that we will be dealing with in the coming years and to understand the significance of this for the organization in which you work.
This course has been developed by Delft University of Technology and the Innovation Center for Artificial Intelligence Academy (ICAI). ICAI is a national initiative involving industry, universities and government in the area of AI research and applications.
Curso creado con el apoyo de
De un vistazo
Lo que aprenderásOmitir Lo que aprenderás
After taking this course you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of implementing AI in organizations, in terms of context, problems, research approach and results.
- Identify the implications of implementing AI in terms of improvement strategies for organizations in industry, academia and education.
- Understand the aspects of AI compliance and ethics and their significance for your own organization.
- Write about the implications of AI for industry, academia, education, or compliance and ethics.
Plan de estudiosOmitir Plan de estudios
The course is built from five main topics on AI in Practice:
- Multimodal Machine Learning and Image Analysis - the National Police Lab AI (National Police and University of Amsterdam) and AI for Scientific Discovery in Publishing - the Discovery Lab (Elsevier and Vrije Universiteit).
- Exploiting Structure in Deep Learning - Delta Lab (Bosch and University of Amsterdam) and a Bonus Track on Questions for Data Scientists in Software Engineering (AI for FinTech Research).
- Thematic Track on Compliance & Ethics of AI - a variety of labs (University of Twente, Vrije Universiteit, ING, and Dutch National Police).
- AI Applications in FinTech - the AI for FinTech Research (ING and Delft University of Technology).
- Robotics - the AIRLab Delft (Ahold Delhaize and Delft University of Technology).
In each module of this course each topic is explained from the perspective of a selection of guest lecturers from ICAI labs, working in industry or academia.
This course is designed for people who want to apply AI in their own practical situation. This applies to managers who want to know what AI can do for their companies, data analysts and consultants who want to understand how AI can be applied in their business processes, or students who want to understand how the results of AI research can be translated into practical applications.
Testimonios de los estudiantesOmitir Testimonios de los estudiantes
Gerard Danjou (France):
“I wanted to understand the role AI would play in the future in E-commerce and the considerations that need to be taken into account when deploying E-commerce even further. The best part of the course was the information on current research. It made the topic of AI very practical. The course team made a fantastic job in really bringing diversity to the examples showing where AI is used. I also learned a lot from reading the essays of my fellow students and the optional articles.”
Elizabeth Aguado (Peru):
“The ability to learn new things is essential to succeed in today's work environment. AI was something I needed in order to continue to be valued in the manufacturing and import/export Industry. I see this course as the beginning of greater things. I am confident that when the time is right, with all that it entails to implement AI, I will have the skills to work with it and to better monitor the reporting and manufacturing processes as they evolve.”