Choose your session:
Project: Create an iOS app from start to finish
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course you will work on your very own project where you will go through the process of designing and prototyping your very own app.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Mobile App Development with Swift
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Incorporate effective design principles (and Human Interface Guidelines) into yourapp
- Utilisebrainstorming, planning, prototyping and testing into yourapp concept
- Testand evaluateyourapp with an audienceto gainfeedback
- Explainthe steps involved in getting an app onto the App Store
Lesson 1: Project Planning
- Define your app idea and identify your target audience
- Research the apps of your competitors (cost, designs, features)
- Develop a business case for your app and determine your minimum viable product (MVP)
- Scope out your project and determine your resources and budget
- Decide on a project methodology and establish clear deliverables
Lesson 2: Wireframing, Storyboarding and Prototyping
- Decide on the key features of your app and prioritise them
- Determine the flow and user interaction required
- Create wireframes and storyboards
- Build an initial prototype
Lesson 3: Design Principles
- Consider the visual design of your app: images, fonts and styles
- Design a memorable icon and an effective launch screen
- Ensure that your visual design adheres to the Human Interface Guidelines
- Create mock ups of the graphical elements required
Lesson 4: Development
- Build your launch screen
- Build your app!
- Register for a Developer account
- Understand the requirements of the App Store (country specific)
Lesson 5: User Experience Testing
- Test and evaluate your app with an audience
- Identify and remove any non-essential features
- Ensure your design is accessible and works across different iOS devices
- Prioritise and incorporate user feedback into future releases
Lesson 6: Launching and Beyond
- Launch, market and promote your app
- Track your app’s performance using analytics
- How and when you should update your app
About the instructors
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a Mac to take the course?
Yes, you will need access to a Mac which runsmacOS10.14andis capable of runningXcode10.
Do I need to know any programminglanguagesbefore I start?
No, this course is designed for beginners and we will step you throughall the programming required.
What version of Swift will I be learning?
Swift version 4.
Will I be able to create my own apps after completing the course?
Yes. The course will teach how to build a basic iOS app from scratchand program using Swift.
Can Isell my app onthe App Storeafter I finish this course?
Of courseyou can - however please be aware that this is outside the scope of this program.While we can't guaranteethat your app will be made available on the App Store;wewillshow you what steps are required toget itpublished andpromoted by Apple.
I have a great idea for an app! Will you help me make a fortune by selling it on the App Store?
While we can't guarantee that you will make a fortune via the App Store - we will let you know what's involved.
We'll also provideyou with insights from other iOS app developers who have experience with the App Store and may be able to provide you with someusefulhints and tips.
Will I be able to create my own Android app after completing the course?
No. This course focuseson the development of iOS apps only