About this courseSkip About this course
In this business and management course, we will analyze contemporary issues in the management of human capital in the hotel and tourism industry, within both macro- and micro-perspectives.
You will learn how organizational culture impacts human capital, how to effectively staff your team, leadership skills and how to manage employee motivation. We will also discuss how different cultures approach human resource management (HRM).
Note that this course is priced at USD $198.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Evaluate and discuss the knowledge and theories of managing human resources applicable to the hotel and tourism industry
- Appraise and analyze human resources functions and employee motivation in the context of the hotel and tourism environment
- Evaluate the impacts and factors that affect the development of organizational culture
- Assess the relationship between the hotel and tourism industry and their society; and evaluate the impacts of social, economical, and cultural factors on managing human resources
- Analyze and evaluate HR research journals to identify applicable methodologies
- Identify human resources problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing human resources, and develop solutions for industry practitioners.
Week 1: Human Resources Staffing
Address recruitment and selection strategies in human resource management
Week 2: Organizational Culture
Analyze organizational culture and its impacts on human capital
Week 3: Leadership and Diversity
Evaluate and discuss the importance of leadership to organizations
Week 4: Week 1 - 3 Recap
Knowledge Check for previous weeks
Week 5: Equal Employment Opportunities and Managing Employee Turnover
Define the meaning of equal employment opportunities; identify legal dimensions of fairness and equal opportunities, ethical and CSR dimensions of fairness and equal opportunities; analyze employee turnover and how to manage it
Week 6: International Human Resources Management in Hospitality
Identify the components and drivers of international human resource management, define the essential role of expatriate workers in hospitality companies, and discuss the cultural diversity in an international organization
Week 7: Future Trends of Human Resources in Hospitality
Discuss key trends in human resource management in hospitality, the applications of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in HRM, and the ways to transform work duties in hospitality
Week 8: Week 5 - 7 Recap
Knowledge Check for previous weeks
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$198 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.