Introduction to Transforming with Data Analytics and the Digital Organization
About this courseSkip About this course
Every modern organization is a digital organization or will rapidly become digital. Artificial intelligence, Google/Amazon/Facebook/Uber, and big data have dramatically raised customer expectations and demand.
Organizations that are effective in using data will win in the economies of the mid-21st century. These must-have core competencies include data analysis, machine learning, data visualizations, data mining, and predictive analytics, and deep learning. Organizations that won't or can't digitally transform will go the way of Blockbuster or Border's Bookstore.
The organization that better harnesses the power of data to create a superior customer experience will thrive in the new business realities.
The question is, how does an organization digitally transform? There are many digital technologies for organizations to choose from - too many choices! And digital technologies are only part of creating a digital organization. The employees must be trained in the new technologies, leaders must learn how to use data in making strategic decisions, and the organization's business processes must be reinvented. So many choices to make and the stakes have never been higher!
This course will give you a framework to help you successfully navigate the challenges posed by digital transformation. First, we will discuss how to use the organization's dynamic capabilities to start the digital transformation. Second, we will use fitness landscapes to build a competitive digital business model. Finally, we will implement a strategic foresight function to help evolve the digital business model for the organization's continued success.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Transforming Your Company’s Data Analytics: Championing the Digital Enterprise
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- The power of the fitness landscape, dynamic capabilities, and strategic foresight for transforming your organization
- Characteristics of digital organizations
- The imperative to transform digitally
- Who is the digital transformation manager in terms of knowledge, skills, and abilities?
- Compelling cases for transformation
- Fundamentals of transformation (culture, people, technology)
- Preparing the organization for digital transformation
Week One - The Digital Enterprise
- Module One - The Case for Digital Transformation
- Module Two - What Are the New Digital Technologies
- Module Three - Why Being Digital is More Than the Technology
- Module Four - Customer Experience is the Heart of Digital Transformation
- Module Five - Assessing Your Organization for Digital Transformation
Week Two - Dynamic Capabilities
- Module One - What are Dynamic Capabilities?
- Module Two - Finding Your Organization's Dynamic Capabilities
- Module Three - Building Digital Dynamic Capabilities
- Module Four - Building Networks of Dynamic Capabilities
- Module Five - Evolving the Organization's Dynamic Capabilities
Week Three - Fitness Landscapes
- Module One - What is a Fitness Landscape?
- Module Two - Dynamic Capabilities and the Fitness Landscape
- Module Three - Blending Digital Technologies with Social Technologies
- Module Four - Evaluating Your Fitness Landscape Business Model
- Module Five - Profiling Your Competition's Fitness Landscape Business Model
Week Four - Strategic Foresight
- Module One - Strategic Foresight Case Study
- Module Two - Scanning Your Organization's Environment
- Module Three - Preparing and Facilitating the Scenario Planning Workshop
- Module Four - Using Scenarios in Strategic Planning
- Module Five - Building the Digital Enterprise Business Model with Dynamic Capabilities, Fitness Landscapes, and Strategic Foresight