1–2 hours per week
Progress at your own speed
Cost to Enroll
This course is archived
Future dates to be announced
Introduction to Time Value of Money
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you will learn about time preference and the economic components of nominal interest rates. We will demonstrate the quantitative methods used to value products with multiple cash flows over longer time periods. Calculation of internal rate of return (IRR), present value (PV) and future value (FV) will also be shown using single period and annuity examples.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Explain the economic foundation of time preference.
- Identify the components of nominal interest rates.
- Use quantitative methods to value products with multiple cash flows over longer time periods.
- Calculate internal rate of return (IRR), present value (PV) and future value (FV).
LO1: Introduction LO2: Components of the Nominal Interest Rate LO3: Valuation of Time Preference LO4: Annuities LO5: U.S. Treasury Bill Calculation & the Bond Equivalent Yield