Choose your session:
Introduction to Jenkins
About this courseSkip About this course
Are you or your team starting to use Jenkins as a CI/CD tool? Are you looking to automate your software delivery process? Do you need guidelines on how to set up your CI/CD workflow using Jenkins automation server? If so, this is the course for you.
In this course, we will discuss the fundamentals of CI/CD, and we will talk about how they help transform the overall software delivery process. It is most useful for roles such as DevOps engineers, software developers and architects, and professionals focused on site reliability and quality assurance, though anyone involved in the software delivery process will benefit.
This course offers an introduction to the Jenkins automation server, and also includes instructions on how to set up and use Jenkins for your CI/CD workflow.
Upon completion, you will have a solid understanding of the role that Jenkins plays in the software development lifecycle, how to install a Jenkins server, how to build software, how to manage third party integrations/plugins and how to scale and secure Jenkins. Finally, you will get a glimpse of what you can do to further enhance your CI/CD skills.
At a glance
- Institution: LinuxFoundationX
- Subject: Computer Science
- Level: Introductory
- Basic knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of software configuration management (SCM) tools, such as GIT
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Introduction to DevOps: Practices and Tools
- Associated skills: Jenkins, Workflow Management, Quality Assurance, DevOps, Continuous Integration, Software Development, Continuous Delivery, Automation, Software Development Life Cycle
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
Understand the role of Jenkins in software development lifecycle
Set up and access the Jenkins automation server
Build your software by configuring and running various types of Jenkins projects
Install and manage plugins
Scale and secure Jenkins