Introduction to Human-Robot Interaction
About this courseSkip About this course
Introduction to Human-Robot Interaction is part one of the Human-Robot Interaction professional certificate.
This course provides a broad overview of the multidisciplinary topics central to modern Human-Robot Interaction research and introduces all the relevant background concepts; describing how robots work, how to design them, and the specifics of spatial and non-verbal interaction.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
• The basic concepts, principles and ideas of human-robot interaction.
• How robots work from the perspective of software and hardware.
• Different types of sensors and actuators a robot could use.
• Typical software architectures to control robots.
• The process of designing human-robot interaction focusing on all the necessary steps to consider.
• Two interaction modalities that do not rely on speech: spatial interaction and non-verbal interaction.