There is one session available:
Unreal Engine Interactive 3D: Blueprints, Animation, Audio, & Environments
About this courseSkip About this course
In this course, you’ll build on your knowledge from UNRL 101 by learning visual scripting using Blueprints. This node-based system based on C++ enables powerful programming without the syntax typically involved in coding. You will gain basic coding skills to use multiple tools for accelerating work and building immersive interactive functionality.
We will build a large environment with materials and foliage, discuss emerging open world tools, and add ecosystem, wind, and water to environments.
Next, you’ll learn how to use the tools for integrating skeletal meshes which allow for animations, morphs and cloth simulation. We will import skeletal meshes and keyframes in Unreal Engine, as well as using them for rag doll simulation.
We will conclude this course by discussing basic Artificial Intelligence (AI) decision trees, (blackboard and EQS basics). We will also discuss the use and application for interactive audio. Techniques will include: elements of ambient, event-driven interactive, and randomized, attenuated and spatialized audio (very useful for VR).
You will be able to customize your work by importing 3D models from your choice of 3rd party digital content creation (DCC) programs such as 3DS Max, Maya, Blender or Cinema 4D. This work builds a foundation in interactive 3D development, providing a natural flow into virtual reality (Oculus or HTC Vive), augmented reality, and vfx (visual effects).
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Unreal Engine Foundations
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
● Core fundamentals of node-based programming with the Unreal Blueprint system
● How to build large environments, and integrate multiple layers of materials and foliage
● How to use skeletal meshes in simulation, animation, morphs and more
● Basics of artificial intelligence branching systems
● Basics of Unreal interactive / spatialized audio