There is one session available:
Global Business Strategy
About this courseSkip About this course
Successful business leaders have an eye toward the future and a deep understanding of the local and global markets in which their firm operates. They understand the strengths and weaknesses of their business and product line, the competitive and complementary landscape, and emerging trends in their business sector. Because of their strategic insight, these leaders anticipate changes in global market conditions, recognize potential opportunities to innovate, identify strategic initiatives to further the firm, and successfully anticipate and navigate barriers to entry at home and at an international scale.
Upon completion of this course, learners will understand how to maximize short- and long-term profitability by analyzing and identifying opportunities and threats in different industries and competitive environments around the world. You'll be able to asnwer questions such as:
-When and how should you engage in a strategic alliance?
-How can you create an organizational structure that is effective locally and allows for global expansion?
-What assets, resources, and capabilities does your organization already have that can be leveraged for global growth?
By the end of this course, you will have the skills to guide your firm's strategy to identify and realize competitive advantage in the dynamic global marketplace.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the global marketplace to see your organization, customers, product, and industry in a broader context
- Be able to identify and address opportunities and threats to your firm and industry, both at home and abroad
- Develop skills to protect, leverage and extend market assets, resources and capabilities
- Organize your company to adapt its strategy over time
- Cultivate a global mindset in your organization and balance local responsiveness with global integration
About the instructors
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
The MicroMasters program will be ending on December 12, 2021. This will be the final run of this course.