Fundamentals of Advocacy in Health Policy
About this courseSkip About this course
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program which consists of 9 courses and a capstone exam. After completing the program, you can also apply to Doane University to complete your MBA online for approximately $10,500 (learn more about the program here).
Leaders require a knowledge of health policy and tools of strategic advocacy to influence and lead change. This course equips executives with the necessary skills and advocacy knowledge to navigate health policy change within the healthcare setting.
This course will focus on understanding how health policy is developed, adopted, and implemented. Factors that influence and shape the process will be explored.
This course is part of the Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive MicroMasters program. For an introduction to lifestyle medicine, see the Lifestyle Medicine Competencies Professional Certificate program.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- MicroMasters® Program in Certified Lifestyle Medicine Executive
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to use various methods for advocating in healthcare systems.
- Identify culturally competent strategies for advocating in diverse populations.
- Apply evidence based methods to promote advocacy within a targeted group or population.
- Develop a health policy change that promotes quality, advocacy and system change.