English@Work: Advanced Job Interview Skills
About this courseSkip About this course
Once you have successfully grasped the foundation of interview success by completing our English@Work: Basic Job Interview Skillscourse, how you persuade others to believe that you are as good as you say you are is now the challenge. Our instructors have had a 100% success rate in getting interviews and landing a job, and we hope to share that experience with you.
- No more generic answers! Hear what senior management specifically looks for in challenging questions.
- Stop asking Google! Exchange ideas with a global community of learners.
- No more rehearsing in your head! Use the tools on the platform to practise, learn to assess answers and get inspiration from instructor feedback and other participants - Verified learners only.
At a glance
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
By the end of this course, Audit tracklearners will have learned how to:
- preparepreciseand persuasiveanswers to challenging questions
- use verbal and non-verbal skills to impress the interviewers
- perform professionally during and after interviews
Learners on the Verified track will be able to:
- identify effective and ineffective answers
- access instructor feedback and comments
- evaluate their own answers
- watch full length interview videos with industry professionals
English@Work: Advanced Job Interview Skills Course Syllabus
This two-part job interviews course guides you on the path to success. Based on interviews with industry professionals and experienced recruiters, Part 1 focuses on Basic Job Interview Skills and Part 2 focuses on Advanced Job Interview Skills.
The course will run self-paced and will end on the 2nd December, 2019.
Goals and outcomes:
This job interviews course is for both native and non-native speakers of English. Native speakers will learn from industry professionals and recruiters about how to effectively answer interview questions. Non-native speakers will also benefit from the English language input.
Once you have your professional knowledge and gained your experience, how you persuade others to believe that you are as good as you say you are is the challenge. Our instructors have had a 100% success rate in getting interviews and landing a job and we hope to share that experience with you. The course materials are designed based on our expertise as well as advice from accomplished professionals in the business, HR and academic field. Taking this course will bring you closer to getting that job.
The recommended course to take before this course is English@Work: Basic Job Interview Skills.
Key words:job interview questions, practice your answers, extra copies, firm handshake, researching the company, good fit, interview tips, maintain eye contact, pay attention, minutes early, and answer questions
English@Work: Advanced Job Interview Skills focuses not only on improving your job interview skills but hanhandling challenging interview questions more effectively. In every section, the length of the teaching videos will not exceed 30 minutes. In addition there are some simple online games, quizzes and assignments. You are expected to spend about 2 hours in each section.
Learning objectives :
By the end of the course, you'll have learned how to:
- Give impressive answers
- Use non-verbal communication skills, intonation and word stress effectively to
- persuade and engage the interviewers
- Handle challenging questions
- Ask appropriate questions
- Act professionally after interviews
Course Deadlines :
There is no weekly deadline for the assessment componentsYou just need to complete them before 11:29 p.m. UTC, Monday 2nd December, 2019.
Learner testimonialsSkip Learner testimonials
"The peer assessment was very useful since we got to do a semi-mock interview and we could hear comments and suggestions from our peers to improve our interview responses. I will definitely recommend this course to my family and friends."
"All information is very up-to-date and from what I have seen they actually consult real professionals in the field when developing their materials (needless to say, these are EXCELLENT!)."
About the instructors
Frequently Asked QuestionsSkip Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between audit and verified?
- allows you access to the courseware and resources for a limited period of time
2. Verified Certificate
- requires a fee,but
- allows you full access to all the courseware and resources until the end of the course
- allows full access to sample answers and instructor feedback and comments
- provides an authentic identification-verified certificate
- can be used for matters such as job applications and college applications.