Climate Change: The Science
About this courseSkip About this course
Do you want to talk about climate change from an informed perspective? Are you interested in how global warming works? Climate change is the biggest challenge of our time, and climate science is critical to finding solutions. How can we make the best decisions about our present and future? By taking this course, you can be part of the global conversation.
Climate Change: The Science is an introduction to climate science basics. We’ll discuss flows of energy and carbon in Earth’s climate system, how climate models work, climate history, and future forecasts.
This course will give you the knowledge you need, and practice communicating about climate change. You’ll meet people from around the world with a huge range of local and regional climate change issues. Join us, learn the science, and share your own stories.
At a glance
- Institution: UBCx
- Subject: Environmental Studies
- Level: Introductory
- Prerequisites: None
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- How to explain climate science basics to anyone
- How to evaluate scientific evidence about climate change and global warming
- Earth’s possible climate futures, including the role of human choices
- How to communicate about climate change issues in your region