Choose your session:
Applying Health Coaching in Patient Care
About this courseSkip About this course
For health practitioners, having knowledge of treatment protocols is not enough. They must be able to inspire behavior change in their patients. In order for the treatment to be effective patients must be empowered to implement therapeutic approaches in their lives.
In this course, you will learn about health coaching, which is an effective method for helping patients change their behaviors. Health coaching uses a blend of evidence-based strategies, interventions and communication to actively and safely engage patients. You will learn the core components of health coaching that can be applied to patient care, such as positive psychology, motivation, establishing trust and goal setting.
At a glance
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Associated programs:
- Professional Certificate in Lifestyle Medicine: Improving the Future of Health Care
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
• Recognize why health and wellness coaching is important.
• Demonstrate how to effectively motivate and coach your patients.
• Identify the health coaching process, from establishing trust, setting goals, and conducting a coaching session.