What you will learn
- How to use your existing developer skills to create AWS Cloud-based applications using AWS SDKs and the Python programming language
- How to create scalable, durable, and highly available AWS Cloud-based applications
- How to use AWS compute, storage, messaging, development, deployment, and security services in development, staging, and production environments
- How to leverage DevOps and continuous deployment tools in AWS
- How to optimize your applications through the use of containers, serverless technologies, caching and content distribution
In this integrated, three-part skills series, you will learn how to use your software development and developer operations skills in the AWS Cloud ecosystem. You will learn how to use Amazon Web Services SDKs to build secure and scalable cloud applications, as well as how to use the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy, and maintain applications on AWS.
We will begin with an introduction to AWS services and AWS development SDKs. You will start with a simple web application. Throughout the course, you will then learn how to make the application more durable, scalable, and secure. You will gain hands-on experience with foundational AWS services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon RDS. In addition, you will create an event-driven architecture using AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), and Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS); improve application performance; and make your application highly available. You will also implement image processing with Amazon Rekognition and text-to-voice functionality with Amazon Polly.
This skills series has a significant hands-on component involving the AWS Free Tier in which you will explore AWS services and concepts using AWS SDKs, AWS APIs, and the AWS Console. Though programming exercises will be in Python, they will be applicable to other languages and frameworks.
Courses in this program
AWS's AWS Developer Series XSeries Program
Meet your instructors from Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Experts from AWS committed to teaching online learning