What you will learn
- Fundamental of Financial Mathematics and Capital Budgeting.
- Cost of Capital
- Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Other Valuation Methodologies
- Option Pricing and Applications in Capital Budgeting and Corporate Finance
- Corporate Funding Alternatives and Financing Strategies
Develop an understanding of how the key principles of project analysis, budgeting, and valuation decide a firm's optimal capital structure.
This professional certificate is comprised of the following courses:
- CO1: Fundamental of Financial Mathematics and Capital Budgeting
- CO2: Cost of Capital
- CO3: Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Other Valuation Methodologies
- CO4: Option Pricing and Applications in Capital Budgeting and Corporate Finance
- CO5: Corporate Funding Alternatives and Financing Strategies
Free Preview! Access the first module from Course 1 for free. For full course access, upgrade to a verified certificate.
NOTE: Completing all 5 parts and then taking the Professional Certificate Examination is MANDATORY to achieve both the NYIF Certificate of Mastery and the edX Professional Certificate in Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods. A verified learner must pass all courses in the program with a minimum grade of 70% to earn a Professional Certificate for Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods.
Courses in this program
NYIF's Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods Professional Certificate
- Employment of financial analysts is projected to grow 6 percent from 2018 to 2028, about as fast as the average for all occupations. (https://www.bls.gov/ooh/business-and-financial/financial-analysts.htm)
- A mid-career Director of Corporate Finance with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $130,000 based on 8 salaries.
- An experienced Director of Corporate Finance with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $116,313 based on 29 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $123,000.
- Career prospects for people with similar training include Financial Analyst, Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Controller, Corporate Controller.
Meet your instructor from New York Institute of Finance (NYIF)
Experts from NYIF committed to teaching online learning
After more than 15 years in the renewable energy industry and given the opportunity to change career internally at my workplace, I needed a trustworthy training institution where I could capitalize my investment, speed-up my professional transition and level-up with the rest of colleagues involved in the Bank’s private sector department. In addition to a carefully curated content that can be used during the course and once your return to your daily activities, my interaction with the Instructor was fluid and helped me understand a variety of matters that streamlined my link with the corporate world.
I attended the NYIF Corporate Finance and Valuation Methods Professional Certificate program course. This course is a cut above the rest and I was so impressed with the structure and content of the course material that I was confident in pursuing another course with NYIF. I have also recommended this course to other persons in my field who have shared similar feedback. I found the course to be in-depth, covering topics that were both relevant to the objectives of the course and that were applicable to my job. The use of case studies further strengthened the concepts and ideas taught. The instructor was knowledgeable on the topic and exuded confidence in delivering the material. Questions were answered sufficiently and recommendations were made for further readings. The knowledge garnered from this experience has gone a far way in helping me to add further value to my organization.