- 30 Credit Hours
- Fully Online
- 1-4 years
IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING GRE SCORES
*GRE Scores are Currently NOT Required to apply to the program.
**Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Burke Graduate Program is temporarily waiving the GRE requirement for the Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 application cycles.**
With the Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, you will gain expertise with an online degree that provides education in a cross-section of topics that not only meet your interests but will also provide you the skills needed to succeed in today's world. The program is designed for experienced professionals and for those beginning their careers. You will be able to balance your full-time job with your studies.
Our world-renowned faculty members will help you develop innovative thinking approaches to address practical complex problems. Throughout your program, you will be supported by a dedicated faculty advisor(s) and a team of professionals to help you plan and support your envisioned career path.
This fully online program enables students to take a deep dive into civil engineering and choose from 3 interdisciplinary tracks.
- Sustainable Water (SW)
- Infrastructure, Resiliency and Sustainability (IRS)
- Smart Mobility (SM)
Within these tracks, learners will be exposed to concepts in environmental engineering, hydraulic/hydrologic engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, construction engineering, transportation engineering, geomatics engineering, architectural engineering and materials engineering.
- #6Best Civil Engineering Graduate ProgramU.S. News & World Report, 2020
- #17Academic Ranking of World Universitieshttp://www.shanghairanking.com/Shanghairanking-Subject-Rankings/civil-engineering.html
- #9Best College of EngineeringU.S. News & World Report, 2020
- #3Best Civil Undergraduate ProgramU.S. News & World Report, 2020
Important dates & deadlines
*The priority application deadline ensures consideration for a Summer start. Completed and submitted applications will have potential Summer consideration if timeline permits; otherwise will have first consideration for Fall start.
**Completed and submitted applications by this date will be reviewed when University re-opens in January 2021 after Winter Break. These applications will have potential Spring 2021 consideration if timeline permits; otherwise will have first consideration for Summer 2021 or Fall 2021 start.
***This date ensures consideration for the Fall 2021 start.
****Completed and submitted applications by this date will have potential Fall 2021 consideration if timeline permits; otherwise will have first consideration for the next Spring start.
Three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra.
Preferred undergraduate background in Engineering, Physical Sciences or a related field. Other course prerequisites may apply depending on classes you choose to enroll in.
A full Master’s program application includes the following:
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.00
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Resume
- 3 Letters of Professional Recommendation
- GRE **Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Burke Graduate Program is temporarily waiving the GRE requirement for the Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 application cycles.**
- TOEFL: Required for International Students. This requirement is waived for applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree, within the last 36 months at the time of recommendation for admission, from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country/location where English is the native language.
- The GRE is required, however, we do not have a minimum required score.
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible for Federal Financial Aid. All federal financial aid benefits and restrictions apply to enrolled MS Civil Engineering students. Federal aid enrollment requirements apply.
- No. This program is a course-based self-funded Master’s program.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Yes. Additional details can be found at: https://engineering.purdue.edu/CE/Academics/Graduate/Future/FAQ (question #8)
- Yes. This is the same degree and content that our on-campus students receive.
- TA and instructor help
- Project engineers; project managers; design engineer; CEOs of small to large companies.