- 6 Modules
- Fully Online
- 2-3 years
The Online MBA from Boston University Questrom School of Business is for mid-career professionals looking to advance their careers in the increasingly interconnected, rapidly-changing, global ecosystem of the digital age. This innovative degree program is designed from the ground-up for the global online learner who seeks the business foundations of the internationally-recognized MBA credential from a highly-ranked private business school. This MBA degree is 100% online, delivered by Questrom’s renowned faculty, and can be completed part-time in as little as 24 months.
The online Master of Business Administration degree leverages insights gained from global conversations with over 3,000 industry professionals and academics in ten regions around the world. Through these conversations we learned the critical capabilities business leaders need to drive socially-responsible organizations that create value for the world in the 21st century.
In addition to the core business discipline knowledge and skills employers expect (strategic management, organizational behavior, business analytics, supply chain management, project management, financial management etc), the degree program provides foundations in emerging areas typically found in electives, such as digital transformation, the social role of business, data-driven decisions, leading with integrity, globalization, and innovation. So, while you won’t see individual courses in our design, you can be assured that you are receiving the same rigorous core business knowledge expected from the globally-recognized MBA credential.
Online MBA students become part of a learning community that includes outstanding faculty members, a global network of talented peers, more than 50,000 Questrom alumni from over 147 countries, and over 330,000 Boston University alumni.
- #28Most Innovative UniversityUS News & World Report, 2018
- #37MBA in the United StatesFinancial Times Global MBA Ranking, 2019
Important dates & deadlines
Program requirements are subject to final University approval.
Please note: if the class has been filled before the final application deadline for a specific entry date, applicants will receive priority consideration for the next available entry date.
A complete MBA program application includes the following:
- Online Application Form
- Application Fee ($125)
- Transcripts from all universities attended for twelve or more credits. Transcripts should show evidence of academic success in a conferred bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, from an accredited institution. Please note that we may ask for transcripts of courses taken for less than twelve credits if found necessary to evaluate your application.
- Current resume showing all professional work experience. It is recommended that applicants have 3+ years of work experience.
- One professional letter of recommendation, preferably from a previous or current employer.
- One written essay - Your written essay should be no more than 750 words and should explain to the admissions committee why you’d like to earn your degree from the Questrom School of Business specifically. It should also address why you have selected the Online MBA program in particular and how the Online MBA will help you achieve your post-graduate goals.
- International Students: Unless qualified for a waiver, non-native English speakers are required to submit a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score report. Complete the "Learn More" form above to receive additional information and to assess whether you qualify for a waiver.
- As part of the application evaluation process, candidates are asked to participate in a Kira Talent Assessment. Complete the "Learn More" form above to receive additional information.
Complete the "Learn More" form above to receive additional information and to assess the full application checklist and details on each application component.
The BU Questrom Online MBA curriculum requires 45 credit-hours of coursework comprised of six 7.5-credit semester-long integrated modules. We've designed each module to weave together core global business concepts, so instead of studying business in silos, you'll study business the way you experience it every day in the real-world: as complex interconnected challenges. The Online MBA curriculum will equip you with the decision-making and leadership skills business professionals need to make management decisions in the international business ecosystem
- The Online MBA is a rigorous program that requires quantitative aptitude. The admissions committee will look for evidence of this in your application via previous coursework. If you feel that you do not have sufficient evidence in your previous coursework to demonstrate this aptitude, you may want to consider submitting a GMAT or GRE score to enhance your application.
- Online MBA students will have access to an online networking platform and job board, as well as online career resources available through the course. Online MBA graduates will also have access to the Questrom Alumni network.
- Financial Aid is available through federal funding. All federal financial aid benefits and restrictions apply to enrolled Questrom Online MBA students. Federal aid enrollment requirements apply.
- No, because of the affordability of the program, we do not offer scholarships to online students, though scholarships are available from a variety of external sources.
- Master of Business Administration from Boston University Questrom School of Business.
- Candidates who have earned or will have completed at least two years of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at an institution in which the language of instruction was solely based in English are eligible for an automatic TOEFL/IELTS/PTE waiver. Candidates must present evidence of language of instruction with the application for admission (through their transcript/accompanying documents or a link to the institution’s website). Additionally, candidates who have or will have worked for at least two years in a full-time, post-Bachelor’s degree position in the US are eligible for an automatic waiver. If you do not meet these criteria but would like to be considered for a waiver, you can submit a written request highlighting your experience with and proficiency in the English language to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the submission of your application. The Admissions Committee will consider these requests on a case by case basis. If you are submitting test results with your application, please be advised that tests are valid for 2 years.
- TOEFL: Minimum scores of 600 on the PBT or 90 on the IBT are recommended. BU’s TOEFL code is 3087, and the department code is 02. IELTS: A student’s overall score must be a minimum of 6.5. PTE: As more candidates submit the PTE, we are developing updated standards for our requirements. As new information becomes available, it will be posted here.
- We do not have a minimum work experience requirement that applicants must meet in order to be admitted. With few exceptions, accepted students have at least three years of full-time, post-undergraduate professional experience. The Admissions Committee takes internships and cooperative education assignments into account, but those experiences are usually considered supplementary.
- For our online program there are no prerequisites. The Admissions Committee looks for good quantitative skills, leadership skills, analytical ability, and excellent verbal expression. You can demonstrate these competencies through a variety of undergraduate majors and professional experiences.
- We require that applicants hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US institution or its international equivalent. If you have earned a three-year degree that is the equivalent of a four-year degree in the US, it will be accepted in the admissions process. For example, if you earned a three-year degree in India, your degree will qualify you to be considered for admission. Regardless of degree program length, if you are uncertain whether your undergraduate degree meets our qualifications, please contact email@example.com before starting the application process.
- Yes. Students in the Online MBA may take up to six years to complete the program. Students will work with their Student Success Specialist to plan their enrollment each semester, as well as any planned semesters off, to ensure timely completion of the MBA.
- At this time there is no option for electives or specializations in the Online MBA program.
- Upon starting the Online MBA program as a matriculated student, you will start in Module 1. After Modules 2 and 3 may be taken in any order. Modules 4, 5, and 6 may also be taken in any order of completing Modules 1, 2, and 3.
- You can access the Online MBA Admission Checklist by visiting: http://www.bu.edu/questrom/admissions/graduate-programs/online-mba/admissions-checklist
- Yes, the Questrom Online MBA degree program has received accreditation from AACSB.
- Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this program: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this program in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.