About this courseSkip About this course
- What happens during an orgasm?
- Why are millions of sperm released for just one egg?
- What is IVF?
- How the pill prevents pregnancy?
- What causes hot flashes during menopause?
In this foundational course, you will learn about sex and reproduction by exploring the underlying biology, the most common myths, and the latest medical advances. To help you understand the realities of making babies, having babies, and not having babies, we have pulled together a team of expert instructors that includes world-renowned researchers from the Robinson Research Institute.
Join us on a journey of discovery as we answer all those questions that you were too embarrassed to ask, and those questions that you never even knew you had about sex and reproduction.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Structure and function of the male and female reproductive systems
- Regulation of reproductive processes and cycles
- Common reproductive disorders
- Methods of contraception and assisted reproduction
- Real world application of cutting-edge research in reproductive medicine
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$50 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally