About this courseSkip About this course
Internet of Things (IoT) is the present and the future of technology. Either, if you have none, few or some experience with electronics and you want to develop it projects this course will give you the necessary kick start to start creating amazing devices capable of sensing, controlling physical signals. This course introduces it using Arduino and ESP boards. This is a preliminary course in which we deal, with the basics of electronics and programming. If you already know the basics, then the second part of this course will be of your interest, in which we start creating smart devices.
What you'll learnSkip What you'll learn
- Understand the basic concepts of electroncis for programming microcontrollers (digital, analog, PWM, communication buses, timers, etc.).
- To program Arduino and ESP devices
- To read data from ambient and environmental sensors (temperature, humidity, light)
- To control actuators such as a fan, a light or a water pump using a relay
- To display information on LCD displays to print data of your device
- To use buttons and LEDs (and RGB LEDs) to generate a basic user interface
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Electronics
- Unit 3: Basic Programming
- Unit 4: Programming Sensors and Actuators
- Unit 5: Project
Meet your instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain$50 USD
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution's logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
edX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners from one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.